Want one of our artworks, but centered on your home? A city or town we don't carry in our main product line? Or a place that's special to you, on this planet or another?
As all of our artwork is made-to-order, we're able to customise our artwork to any location that we have data for (see below for a list) for a moderate extra fee, which covers the data processing and layout for your chosen location.
We'll carefully analyse your location before picking the best view, and sending you a rendering of what your artwork will look like before we fabricate it. If you want to tweak the placement or scaling, we're more than happy to do so.
If you're interested in custom artwork, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the location you're interested in capturing, and the size of the artwork you'd like, and we'll take it from there!
Standard artwork sizes include:
- 6 x 6 inches (15 x 15 cm)
- 6 x 10 inches (15 x 25 cm)
- 12 x 12 inches (30 x 30 cm)
We're able to do any custom size given some lead time; we can work with our framing supplier to get a perfectly-sized frame, too, or you can opt to have the artwork frameless.
Do note that the larger the artwork, the longer the production time, and we tend to limit standard orders to a maximum of 12 inches / 30 cm in any direction. If you're interested in something larger, like our giant San Francisco piece, please contact email@example.com so we can discuss the best fabrication and shipping method for your project.
Our landscape-level artwork is based on global elevation data and bathymetry, which has pretty much global coverage (some inland lakes excluded). We can also do any area of the Moon in a medium resolution, and many areas of Mars.
Our city- and town-artwork is based on high-resolution elevation data, which unfortunately is not available everywhere. The best way to know if we cover your location is to contact us, but here are some of the areas we cover:
- USA: Most major cities (including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Memphis, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Philadelphia, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC) as well as a good number of other populated places, national parks and coastlines.
- UK: Nearly all urban areas (including Birmingham, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle and plenty more) and most other populated areas.
- Australia: Entire continent, but in lower resolution (cannot scale up towns/cities too far)
- New Zealand: Main urban areas (Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington) and some other assorted coverage across both main islands.
Generally, if the area you want to cover has freely-available or licenseable LiDAR or elevation data, we can create something for you using our custom GIS and data processing software.